Saturday, December 17, 2005

Open Letter to Bill O'Reilly

Dear Mr. O'Reilly,

First of all I would like to extend a very Happy Holidays to you and your kin. Yes, I said the dreaded Happy Holidays. And I would say them to your face if I could. I would like to first point out something that you may already know (just not actually willing to admit). NOT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS CHRISTIAN! Nor should they all be.

I don't see a war on Christmas. (I see a war in Iraq, Afghanistan, on the poor, those looking for an education, but not on Christmas. Plus I do believe we are about to go to war on Iran and Syria. Stick to REAL wars.) If you truly believe in Christmas, then you would demolish the Christmas Store that is present on your web site. As a true follower of Christmas, you would not be peddling a bevy of retail goods, you would peddle good will. You would not be a fear monger, but instead, a devotee of peace. You would not pay Christianity lip service, but instead be secure in the knowledge that good and sincere Christians do not proselytize at the top of their lungs, but carry the meaning of Christmas in their heart and with their families.

But this is a very difficult concept for you, I can understand that. But to wish someone who is Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist (or any the other religions that have been around far longer than Christianity) a Merry Christmas is to slap their religion in their face. Think back to when Christians were the oppressed, not the oppressors.

Blessed Be,

Happy Holidays,

Merry Christmas,

Happy Hanukkah,

Blessed Kwanzaa,

And to all, a Good Night,

Ms. Vandal